MASTERCLASS LEADING CHANGE IN CHALLENGING TIMES: USING THE POWER OF ORGANIZATION DEVELOPMENT
24 & 25 September 2014, Istana Hotel Kuala Lumpur
There are many ways in which organization development can be a powerful tool to meet today’s challenges. To be competitive in today’s global environment, every leader in an organization needs to be innovative and creative, who retain their talent and boost their market share. To overcome the challenges to these objectives, the organizational culture must be appropriate. This presentation will focus on the factors that support
existing cultures and suggest ways that the power of organization development can be unleashed to achieve dynamic and winning leaders and organizational cultures. This workshop is designed to be interactive.
Participants will explore the meaning of change within organizations, the use of organization development as a powerful way to manage change, a model of its processes to be used, several tools to do this, and the benefits and challenges of using organization development to manage change in the dynamic environment in which most organizations currently find themselves.
By the conclusion of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Define Organization Development (OD) and describe how it differs from Change Management (CM).
- Describe the Organization Development Process Model, with primary emphasis on assessment, interventions, evaluation
- Describe the components of organizational culture and how it is affected by national culture.
- Identify some of the challenges facing today’s Malaysian organizations and how OD might impact them positively.
- Brainstorm the benefits from and problems in the use of OD.
- Share examples of OD projects that have been undertaken in their organizations, with lessons learned.
- Suggest projects that might be undertaken in their organizations using OD.
- Describe the competencies needed for doing OD and ways of developing them.
- Identify factors in
organization cultures that support and hinder the development of the desired results to support healthy and competitive organizations.
- Share examples of what leader s have done to improve the competitiveness of Malaysian organizations.
- Brainstorm examples of how OD might be used to help organizations become better.